'Tailor-made conference and exhibition management services dedicated to organising high quality Medical and Life Sciences conferences'
- Marketing and publicity
- Conference secretariat
- Venue finding
- Sponsorship and exhibition management
- Social programme
- Delegate registration
- Abstract handing
- Association management and membership administration
All services are available as stand alone services or can be included in any combination in our tailor-made management packages.
The success of any conferences and exhibition is dependent on timely and targeted publicity. BioMedEx can assist with all aspect of marketing and publicity, ensuring that the timing and coordination of the promotion of our clients’ events are both efficient and effective. The types of specialised publicity services BioMedEx can provide include.
- Design and production of pre-conference materials including conference announcements, fliers & posters, call for papers, registration forms, interim and final programmes
- Development and execution of advertising campaigns
- Development and design of conference websites
- Targeted distribution of publicity material
- Mailing and electronic distribution of meeting information to potential delegates
BioMedEx provides management and secretariat services for a wide variety of conferences, from large international conferences to small focussed workshops. We have provided secretariat services for commercial organisations, learned associations, charities and public sector bodies. We believe in a fully flexible service that meets the diverse requirements of our clients. We will assume full responsibility for all aspects of conference management, from precision planning and project management, through to presentation. We will ensure the conference runs to the highest standards, whilst achieving our clients’ objectives.
- Preparation of detailed conference budget and implementation of financial controls
- Advising on VAT registration, insurance, charitable status and legal issues
- Seeking of sponsorship and/or underwriting from funding sources
- Preparation of final accounts
- Providing the secretariat to the Organising Committee and producing regular progress reports
- Advising on venue selection, venue liaison and contract management of venues
- Preparation of organisational timetables
- Design and setting up of bespoke conference website
- Providing delegate registration (on-line and hard-copy)
- Delegate liaison – registration confirmation, travel, venue accessibility and accommodation
- Speaker liaison – invitation, audiovisual requirements, travel and accommodation
- Providing on-line abstract submission
- Pre-meeting and meeting information pack for delegates and speakers, including personalised itineraries.
- Production of Abstracts Book and Conference Proceedings
- Organising and coordination of catering and social events
- Liaison with suppliers and supplier contract management
- Management of audio visual and technical support including simultaneous translation and communication support
The correct choice of venue is essential. The venue must reflect the client’s desired aims and budget. BioMedEx has extensive knowledge and first-hand experience of venues throughout UK and Europe from purpose built conference centres to academic venues and hotels. We will identify those venues that match the clients’ requirements, arrange a clear and detailed proposal as well as organise site visits.
- Searches for and recommendation of appropriate venues
- Negotiating of preferential rates and payment schedules
- Assessment of suitability of venue for all delegates, including access requirements, catering and communication support.
Sponsorship and trade exhibitions represent important revenue sources for conferences. Sponsorship provides an opportunity for companies to promote their services and products and enhance their profile in a highly focused and targeted manner amongst the delegates. Successful trade exhibitions are fully integrated in the conference programme ensuring ample opportunity for exhibitors and delegates to interact. BioMedEx has specialised in sponsorship and trade exhibition management over many years and has built up industry specific knowledge including named contacts within companies, especially in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life sciences laboratory supply industries.
- Developing “Sponsorship Opportunities” and "Invitation to Exhibit" documents
- Securing sales of sponsorship and exhibition packages
- Preparation of exhibition floor plans and approval by venue
- Liaison with confirmed sponsors and trade exhibitors
- Venue liaison including compiling of Risk Assessments
- Liaison with suppliers (such as shell scheme and stand contractors, electrical contractors, furniture hire companies) and supplier contract management
- Compiling “Sponsors and Exhibitors' Information Packs” detailing information such as exhibition dates and open times, schedules for exhibition set-up and break-down, electrical requirements and additional services, security arrangements, advice on insurance and liability cover, exhibition regulations, travel directions, parking facilities, access to the conference venue, and accommodation information
- On-site exhibition management and supervision
- Written final sponsorship and exhibition report including detailed account of all financial transactions
- Evaluation of sponsors’ and exhibitors' feedback
The informal exchange of ideas and information at the social functions surrounding a conference and exhibition can be an important factor in its overall success and often the most memorable part. Whatever our clients’ budgets, BioMedEx guarantees a successful, balanced and imaginatively presented social programme.
- Conference banquets
- Speakers dinners
- Partners programmes
- Ceilidh, discos
- After-dinner speakers
- Sight-seeing tours
BioMedEx offers both on-line and hard-copy registration management services. Our custom-built on-line registration system can be made available directly via the dedicated conference website or via a seamless link from the BioMedEx on-line registration site. The on-line registration is secure to allow on-line credit & debit card payments and can be adapted to the specific requirements of individual conferences.
- Maintenance of delegate information
- Registration reports and statistical information - session attendance and delegates’ special requirements, including access, religious and dietary requirements
- Password-protected on-line registration with group registration facilities
- Automated registration acknowledgement
- Post-registration booking review
- Conference session selection, including plenary and parallel sessions, workshops and commercially sponsored satellite symposia
- Booking of social programme events
- Accommodation booking
- Full financial administration of registration fees
- Credit & debit card payments processed as part of on-line registration system or via virtual terminal for hard-copy registration forms received by post or fax
- Production of delegate badges
- - colour coded to reflect different delegate categories
- - bar-coded to facilitate sessions and social events attendance as well as the collection of statistical data for post-conference event evaluation
- Provision of staff for on-site registration and on-site delegate liaison
- BioMedEx is registered with the Information Commissioner, number PZ 6335011, to process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
Since many of the BioMedEx staff have a scientific background we appreciate the importance of presenting delegates abstracts in a professional manner and with scientific accuracy. BioMedEx offer a custom-built on-line abstract submission system that can be adapted to the specific requirements of individual conferences. Our user-friendly on-line abstract submission system allows topic selection, blind abstract reviewing and through the easy download and formatting facility, publication of the abstracts in a variety of formats.
- Custom-built secure on-line abstract submission system, allowing for scientific characters and symbols, with password protection, auto-numbering of abstracts in order of receipt; selection of session topics, selection of oral or poster presentation, post-submission editing facility and ability to set a word-count limit, electronic submission acknowledgment receipt
- Guide for Authors - detailing abstract submission instructions, abstract format and method of presenting abstracts, post-submission editing, submission deadlines
- On-line blind reviewing of abstracts by referees granting either full access to all submitted abstracts or topic-limited access
- Email communication of abstract acceptance or rejection giving details of date, time and place of presentation, method of presentation (oral or poster); full instructions to poster presenters regarding format for poster and final poster number, and to oral communication presenters regarding presentation format, lecture hall and audio visual support
- Production of final Abstracts Book in different formats such as hard copy, CD, memory stick or on-line publication via the conference website. The Abstracts Book will include alphabetical keywords and authors indices (including co-authors if required) and cross-reference of other abstracts being presented by the same author or co-author
Outsourcing of association management services can be a cost-effective way for Learned Associations to handle membership and administrative tasks. BioMedEx provides a variety of administrative services to Learned Associations and Voluntary Organisations including
- Membership administration – maintaining of membership information, collection of membership fees, responding of enquiries from members, handling of membership recruitment
- Secretariat services to the Executive Committee
- Design and updating of association website
- Annual financial accounts and tax returns